Monday, May 5, 2014

People are disgusting

After this incident, New Delhi has been nicknamed “Rape Capital”. As it rightfully is. A 26 year old med student boarded a bus with her male friend, on the way home from classes. Six men on the bus then grabbed her and forced her to the back of the bus after beating her friend for trying to defend her. She was also beaten for struggling against her aggressors. At the back of the bus she was gang raped, and her injuries were so brutal that she later died in the hospital from organ failure after having to have most of her intestines removed due to the severity of her rape. I read on one news site that she was violated with the metal rod used to beat her and her male friend, but have not found it on any other sites. There’s a lot of difference on the details of what happened because of the Indian police’s attempts to keep the victim and her friend’s name out of the public. Five of the six men have been identified and arrested, and are being charged due to the bite marks on them while the woman fought back. The sixth, to my understanding, is a minor. A few articles state that the men threw her from the bus, or that the driver threw the men from the bus. Most of the details are fuzzy, but whatever happened, happened.




There is no penalty large enough for this crime. Death would be a gift to these monsters. If it were up to me, I would turn them over to the family of the girl raped and let them do what they wish with them, since apparently rape has never really been a big deal in India, why bother giving them a trial? Make an example of them. Tear them apart for the public to see, and show the world that India is working to end rape. But not hard enough obviously. I didn’t believe in the death penalty until I heard about this, and I’m done pretending that killing people to show others that killing people is not right. I heard on the radio the other day that every 16 seconds a woman in India is raped. I don’t know if that’s true, but the idea sickens me. Screw these guys. This is just disgusting. I’m freaking done.

No comments:

Post a Comment